Head Golf Professional
Fresh Golf is proud to be assisting Royal Colwood Golf Club in their search for its next golf operations leader.
The Royal Colwood Golf Club is searching for a Head Golf Professional to lead the Golf Operations team. Working directly under the General Manager, they are looking for an energetic, outgoing individual who has knowledge of the game of golf, and for the needs of the private club members.
Royal Colwood Golf Club is a private golf club located in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada.
Designed by Arthur Vernon Macan in 1913, Royal Colwood is a traditional style parklands championship course set amongst 450-year-old Douglas Firs and majestic Garry Oaks.
One of a select few in the world, Royal Colwood received its Royal designation from King George V in 1931.
Consistently ranked in the Top 50 in the country and one of the best in the west coast of Canada, Royal Colwood is known for hosting Professional, National & Provincial Championships.
Head Professional Duties
Our club seeks a charismatic, engaging PGA Head professional with a passion for golf and a standard of excellence in leadership and managing memorable experiences for our team, our Members, and guests. The successful candidate will manage all aspects of the Golf Operations department while collaborating with our management team as we administer club programs.
With more than 80 reciprocals around the world, and a diverse Membership with varying needs, Royal Colwood requires a dynamic individual to exceed daily expectations of its Members at home, and abroad. The individual will promote an enthusiastic professional atmosphere focused on Member enjoyment and satisfaction through a visible, accessible, and professional management/leadership style.
The Head Golf Professional will be responsible to provide:
Membership Experience –
- Support the General Manager implementing the clubs Mission, Vision, and Core Values
- Collaborate with Management while successfully applying our new strategic plan
- Visible and engaging with Members and visitors and grow strong relationships
- Celebrate accomplishments and special occasions of our Members and staff
Human Resource Management
- Support Management in creating a vibrant and engaging workplace culture
- Support and maintain club policies and bylaws through staff and Member education
- Develop industry leading on-boarding process and training programs for all golf operations staff
- Timely administration of annual operational and capital finances
- Pro-actively respond to our financial position and offer creative opportunities for financial success
- Provide leadership and guidance resulting in memorable retail experiences
- Evolve an exceptional retail program showcasing industry leading trends
- Understand the needs of our clientele while managing innovative retail concepts
- Collaborate with management and our club leaders to deliver memorable event experiences
- Build constructive relationships with our Men’s, Women’s, Mixed, Wilbur and Inter-club representatives
- Manage the implementation of our steps of service and commitment to event excellence
- Overseeing the Director of Instruction, the Head Professional is expected to ensure that there is an advanced Instructional program for the members of the club of all demographics.
• A PGA of Canada Member of more than 5 years who has a substantial amount of continuing education/certification through the PGA of Canada or other international PGA programs
• Experience as a leader of a team
• Shown the ability to build and maintain relationships with a membership and the team
Aside from a competitive compensation package, The Royal Colwood Golf Club offers an excellent working environment featuring opportunities for training and development, employee recognition programs, a variety of wellness programs, a comprehensive health and dental program, personal days, and an RRSP plan.
If you have any further questions, please reach out directly to Lead Recruiter Scott Kolb of Fresh Golf Solutions at email@example.com
Applications close on December 27th, 2023.
Salary Range is $100k-$125k
Reports to: General Manager
Close Date of Submissions: December 27, 2023
Estimated Start Date: March 1, 2024
Further questions should be directed to Lead Recruiter Scott Kolb. Candidates should not contact the facility directly.