Fresh Golf is proud to be assisting Gorge Vale GC of Victoria BC in their search for its next golf operations leader
Head Golf Professional
September 27, 2022
accepting until Oct 26
Lead Search Executive:
The Gorge Vale Golf Club is seeking a motivated individual as the club’s next Head Golf Professional. Located just minutes from downtown Victoria, Gorge Vale Golf Club is a private golf club rich in history and tradition while adapting to modernizing the private golf club experience. Qualified candidates are expected to bring enthusiasm to achieving the club’s service goals while maintaining a strong business acumen. The next Head Golf Professional will be an active contributor to the course’s long term improvement.
Minutes from downtown, this AV Macan originally designed member owned golf club will celebrate its 100th anniversary in 2027.
The 6800+ yard golf course is a gem on the island with a true test for all players. It has hosted a number of PGA of Canada event and with its undulating tree lined fairways and challenging greens, it is a true test of golf.
Its recently renovated practice facility is the best in the lower island.
Head Professional Duties
- Manage all day to day golf operations
- Promoting a welcoming and respectable image within the club and community
- Ensuring all golf operations member experiences exceed expectations
- Coordinate and manage all aspects of the tee sheet, website, and POS
- Manage a team of professionals and support staff
- Provide General Manager with budgets and forecasts for the golf operations
- Continually improve the service standards
- Market and build strong instructional programs
- Ensuing the enforcement of all golf related club by-laws and policies
- Manage all aspects to golf events and leagues
- Coordinate purchasing and sale of golf shop merchandise to remain profitable
- Assist in the publication of newsletters and promotional materials
Class A PGA of Canada professional in good standing
Relevant education and experience is considered an asset
Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Publisher
Skills with Jonas, Golf Genius, and TrackMan are assets
Strong business sense and a desire to sell
An inherit drive for excellence
$70,000 - $90,000 based on experience and education
Retirement savings matching program
Extended Health and Dental Care plan