Head Golf Professional
January 20, 2023
accepting until Feb 24
Lead Search Executive:
Crown Isle is seeking a motivated individual to lead its Resort and golf community into the next era of the community’s expansion. Located just minutes from the Comox airport and downtown Courtenay, Crown Isle is a Resort surrounded by a master-planned community that is continuing to grow. Qualified candidates are expected to be the face of the property and bring their leadership skills to this multi-faceted business.
The Facility –
Crown Isle Resort & Golf Community has become the hub of the Comox Valley for a premier lifestyle. It was also honoured with the Facility of Year award from the PGA of BC in 2020. The championship 18-hole golf course will be celebrating its 30th anniversary in 2023, and the community as a whole 35 years, becoming the leading golf community on the north island. Crown Isle is in the process of launching a new 25-year plan that will be the next stage of the property, including adding more amenities and further expansion of their residential and commercial developments. It will be an exciting time to be part of the future success at Crown Isle.
CI has hosted the PGATOUR Canada Qualifying School event on a number of occasions. The course is designed by renowned architect Graham Cooke with a total length of 7,024 yards from the back tees,and boasts magnificent views of the Beaufort mountain range through the trees at several holes. With 90 rooms of accommodation (and more in the planning phase), multiple F&B options, full-sized practice facility, and proximity to outdoor activities like fishing and skiing - the property has endless possibilities to continue to grow its reputation of being a year-round world-class resort.
The 871-acre residential golf community in the heart of the Comox Valley in Courtenay embodies a lifestyle of friends, family, and year-round outdoor enjoyment. Aside from the 18-hole golf course, it also has an 18-hole par 3 facility next door, The Park at Crown Isle.
Head Professional Duties
- Manage the facility’s entire golf operation, including the practice facilities, golf professionals, non-professional golf staff, teaching programs and seasonal golf activities/events.
- Build and lead a strong team of golf professionals, pro shop staff and back shop team members.
- Be a visionary leader and represent the Resort & Golf Community with pride in support of the CI brand and goals of the Comox Valley and beyond.
- Relaunch a comprehensive teaching program, including clinics and private instruction. Work with the team to redevelop a CI Golf Academy which will grow revenues for CI and the Golf Professional Team.
- Direct and coordinate your team to organize all golf activities, including member events, resort play, golf schools and invitational events/tournaments.
- Oversee practice facilities, assist in maximizing tee time reservations & coordinate back shop and cart operations.
- Coordinate a team of retail professionals to help maximize net revenue while showcasing the high standards of the facility.
- Manage golf-related administration and financial activities such as budgeting, forecasting and reporting.
Class A PGA of Canada professional in good standing with ability to work in Canada immediately.
Relevant education and experience
Proficient with Microsoft Office software, Club Management Software and Golf Genius or similar
Strong business sense and a desire to search for new revenue streams
An inherit drive for excellence
$78,522 - $96,848 based on experience and education
Extended Health and Dental Care plan
Cell Phone allowance